Readers of this site will recall my half-hearted and failed quest for an interview with The Black Keys earlier this year. The questions I proposed asking, and was ambitious enough to publish in advance, weren’t so witty in retrospect (well, my girlfriend told me as much). No wonder the band didn’t have time for me, or at least their Management who I emailed.
Nevertheless, I hereby declare my quest to interview The Black Keys re-started!
With the Black Keys playing in in my hometown of Melbourne, Australia, on January 11 2009, I’m cautiously hopeful the lads will grant me an audience. Stay tuned for more foolhardy, plaintive and demeaning attempts at getting an interview here at this site.
Reasons why the Black Keys should grant me an interview in Melbourne 2009:
1. I’ve already bought tickets for the upcoming Melbourne concert (front row no less) so it’s not as if I’m trying to get free tickets.
2. There are no other really dedicated Black Keys fan sites, outside of their own Black Keys Forum, promoting the band like this site does.
7. I’ve popularised a number of lesser known Black Keys links and musings for fans of the band in my posts – hopefully there’s a few more fans for the band out there now.
8. This blog is completely not for profit and there’s no advertising on the site. Few if any music sites who cover Black Keys news, reviews and concerts can make similar claims. I just love the band – that’s why I started this blog and want to do the interview.
9. I’ve been to 5 Black Keys concerts already. The January 2009 show will be my 6th. Consider an interview a token reward for dedication if that sort of thing makes you feel better.
10. I’m not a stalker and just like the music. Honest.
11. I promise not to ask dumb questions on camera and I’ll even let Dan and Pat choose which ones they want to answer. Hey, we don’t even have to call it an interview, I’m happy to hang out.
12. If Quinnstorm can get a video interview backstage (respect) and video it on his camera, I’m figuring there’s no reason the band aren’t open to me doing an interview or something similar.
Dan and Pat, any chance?