Check out these instrumental versions of some of the Blakroc tracks.
The Black Keys, of course, co-ordinated the musical production during the day while MCs added verse by night
Hearing them in this instrumental mode is how the various MCs would have been introduced to the tracks. Reckon you could have dropped as a good a rhyme over these tunes as quickly or as well as they did?
It brings the music back into focus hearing the tracks like this.
As Joel Hamilton, Blakroc co-producer, mentioned when the Blakroc album dropped all the attention would be on on the MCs and The Black Keys would be in a good position sitting back and observing it all. The rhymes are only a consequence of the spirit, adventure and live musicianship brought to the project by The Black Keys, he says:
What you’re hearing when Mos Def opens his mouth is his enthusiasm for what The Black Keys have already played.
Listen to the MP3s:
Respect to jizamez for the tip.
- Blakroc: Listen to Dollaz and Sense single featuring RZA, Pharoahe Monch and The Black Keys
- MP3: The Black Keys’ Radio Recordings 2007-2008
- The Black Keys: Rarities, Un-Released, B-Sides
- Blakroc: Listen to ‘Keep Off The Fuckin Flowers’ featuring Raekwon with The Black Keys here
- The Black Keys and Blakroc Mash Ups