Some people are basic fans of The Black Keys – they like the music, might go to a show, they own a cd or two. Others take their fan-dom to new levels. These folk are serious fans, not better or worse, just more keen.
Complete this simple questionnaire below to find out if you are a serious fan.
- Buy a ticket to the first show announced that is close to your hometown even if it is 4 hours drive away?
- After you’ve bought the aforementioned ticket, a tour date is announced in your hometown. You buy the additional ticket to your hometown. But you still go to the show 4 hours away.
- Wake up excited at 2am on the day of the show?
- Wake up excited a few hours later at 5am on the day of the show?
- Get on a bus for 4 hours from Boston to New York?
- Meet up with other fans for beers before the show?
- Spend most of your money on food and beers before the show?
- Wear your Black Keys t-shirt to the show?
- Bring the Australian Magic Potion tour t-shirt from 2007 that you bought off the internet and have never worn but now feel compelled to wear it at the Summerstage show?
- You put the Magic Potion t shirt over your other Black Keys t shirt even though it’s 90+ degrees Fahrenheit in the shade.
- Even though you are standing up the front of the show, you go to buy 4 beers for your friends and come back with 12?
- Play air guitar and air drums all the way through the show?
- Realise you are not going to make it to your bus that leaves 30 minutes after the end of the show and you have a non-changeable ticket? You can’t explain how you ever thought you would make it to this to departure time.
- Spend the night in Brooklyn bars until you can catch the first bus back to Boston in the morning, even though your ticket is no longer valid?
- Get stopped by the bus ticket inspector but explain you’ve been at a Black Keys concert and they let you off any fine.
If this sounds like you, The Black Keys Fan Lounge salutes you. I’d suggest you are a serious fan.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, then this is you in this video below: