The Black Keys Fan Lounge Forum » Other Projects

Dr. John - Locked Down (prod. by Dan Auerbach)

(54 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Mirby 2.0
  • Latest reply from DeepNDirtyBlues

Tags:

No tags yet.

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

I can't wait for this one. The single they released (Revolution) is pretty fucking righteous. April 3rd can't come soon enough. And I wish I lived closer to Brooklyn...

Dr. John will visit the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) for “Dr. John: Insides Out” with an extraordinary entourage of musical guests for an artistic residency, an honor previously enjoyed only by Paul Simon, offering three distinct perspectives on his formidable career over nine nights:

•"A Louis Armstrong Tribute" (March 29-31), an homage to the great Louis Armstrong by Dr. John and his collaborators.
•"Locked Down" (April 5-7), the first time Dr. John, Auerbach, and their handpicked band will perform songs from the new album of the same name.
•"Funky But It's Nu Awlins" (April 12-14), an all-out funk-infused night of New Orleans music featuring key players from the Crescent City including The Blind Boys of Alabama.

Dr. John's "Locked Down," Out April 3, Available to Pre-Order with Print of Dr. John and Producer Dan Auerbach
http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/dr-johns-locked-down-out-april-3-available-pre-order-with-print-dr-john-producer-dan-auerbach-2012-02-01

*sorry if this is all old news, I don't get on here as much as I once did.

"When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Posted 2 years ago #

Czar Zach

fan

User has not uploaded an avatar

This. This is good stuff.

I remember reading about Dan working with this guy awhile ago, Didn't think much of it, didn't know the guy, i am HOOKED to this song. Is it just me or you would not expect such a voice to come out of such a grizzly man?

Here's the stream: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-dr-john-teams-with-black-keys-dan-auerbach-for-revolution-20120229

Posted 2 years ago #

Mr.ssippi

roadie

Mr.ssippi

Yep...... I just got a boner.

Attn Crackheads: Spring is here. Time to pawn your heater!
Posted 2 years ago #

marshmeli

drunken admirer

marshmeli

Dr. John is no joke... very excited for this album

Posted 2 years ago #

derekirving

big fan

derekirving

Please get hip to Dr John, guy's a legend. At a minimum you have to know this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._John then listen to his music.

Posted 2 years ago #

mac

drunken admirer

mac

Can't wait to listen to the whole thing.
I ran into Chuck A. at the Greenhornes show in Cleveland about 10 days ago and he said this record is "gonna be huge"... record of the year level, as he pointed to the cd in his coat pocket.

well...the look of the cake, it ain't, it ain't always the taste
Posted 2 years ago #

Mr.ssippi

roadie

Mr.ssippi

Ha.. Fuckin Chuck A. That fella gets his hands on everything before normal civilians do!.. Good for him!

Posted 2 years ago #

Danleary

drunken admirer

Danleary

That's so cool. Dunno about record of the year, I think that depends more on how they decide to market it... but Revolution kicks ass. I'm sure the music will be top notch.

Ron Paul 2012
Posted 2 years ago #

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan

roadie

TheHokes

lookin forward to it!!

"When the sweats dried in, It smells like Rock n Roll"
Posted 2 years ago #

Rollercoaster

drunken admirer

Rollercoaster

Lookin forward to this as well. My favorite records of him are "In the right place"
from 1973 and his first record "Gris Gris". Check those out if you're not familiar with his stuff.

Posted 2 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Yeah I've known about this album for a while now but I was excited to find out that he and Dan will be playing together with their hand-picked allstar band. And to find out that if you preorder you get that nifty little photo of Dan and the good doctor. I preordered. Price is kinda steep though. $18.99 for a CD? What year is this, 1990?

Posted 2 years ago #

Kieran-lee

drunken admirer

Kieran-lee

$9.99 / £8.99 for CD
$24 / £21 for the Vinyl
....on Amazon. S'what i saw anyway.
Think it has pre-order price guarantee and free shipping maybe

too much education is a fart in the the dark - Charles Bukowski
Posted 2 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Kieran-lee - 1 hour ago  » 
$9.99 / £8.99 for CD
$24 / £21 for the Vinyl
....on Amazon. S'what i saw anyway.
Think it has pre-order price guarantee and free shipping maybe

Dr. John's "Locked Down," Out April 3, Available to Pre-Order with Print of Dr. John and Producer Dan Auerbach

I want that though. They make it sound like a free/bonus gift but really we're paying for it I guess. Oh well. I don't mind giving a little more for Dr John. Dude's a legend and could probably use a little extra cash at this point in his career.

Posted 2 years ago #

marshmeli

drunken admirer

marshmeli

The album will be released on vinyl first on record store day... so i will check my shops prices if too high i will just order from amazon

Posted 2 years ago #

Kieran-lee

drunken admirer

Kieran-lee

Yeah i want it too.
I'm a sucker for collectables, special editions too.

Not sure how record store day works over here in the UK, especially here in N Ireland if we get it at all

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.