The Black Keys Fan Lounge Forum » Other Projects

busterdouglas

drunken admirer

busterdouglas

Since this album has been a point of controversy here as of late, let's dissect it some more! Here are my favourite songs in the best order my mind could assemble:

1. Done Did It feat. NOE, Nicole Wray
2. Ain't Nothin Like You (Hoochie Coo) feat. Mos Def, Jim Jones
3. Dollaz % Sense feat. RZA, Pharoahe Monche
4. Stay Off The Fuckin' Flowers feat. Raekwon
5. Coochie feat. ODB, Ludacris
6. What You Do To Me feat. Jim Jones, Billy Danze, Nicole Wray
7. On The Vista feat. Mos Def
8. Hard Times feat. NOE
9. Hope You're Happy feat. Billy Danze, Q-Tip, Nicole Wray
10. Tellin' Me Things feat. RZA
11. Why Can't I Forget Him feat. Nicole Wray

Anywho, this isn't my absolute list but the top and bottom are pretty accurate. I know I'll get some flack for hating on "Why Can't I Forget Him" but this track is just really boring to me. In the webisodes Nicole Wray seemed to showcase some really soulful flair but I feel like this track is devoid of any of it, it just brings me down.

This next part is more off-topic; I just mowed a lawn while listening to Blakroc and honestly I really love this album. Listening to hip hop is becoming a fewer and further between activity for me with each passing year, but this album really reminded me why I ever liked it in the first place. Legit beats and legit attitude. Speaking of which, anybody catch the trailer for that new Tribe Called Quest documentary? It, along with the new Beastie Boys album, are really bringing me back to the days of my youth!

But I digress, so which are your favourite Blakroc songs? Let's be constructive!

This blood red ass don't smell so good...
Posted 3 years ago #

Scott21

not diehard enough

Scott21

Aint Nothin like you is my fave, and I agree 100% on "Why can't I forget him"...freaking depresses me everytime

"That's a lovely accent. New Jersey?"
Posted 3 years ago #

Loht773

drunken admirer

Loht773

Without a doubt my favourite is "What You Do To Me feat. Jim Jones, Billy Danze, Nicole Wray" it's awesome and filled with soul.

It's gonna be loud, are you ready? -Dan
Posted 3 years ago #

busterdouglas

drunken admirer

busterdouglas

Word to that! What You Do To Me is indeed so sweet, love the Farfisa organ (just a guess) and when the hand-clap beat comes in on Billy's verse. Now that you have me thinking about it, I should have put it way higher on my list!

Posted 3 years ago #

April

kind of a big deal

April

My favorite on this album seems to change every so often, but What You Do to Me, Ain't Nothin' Like You and On the Vista all hover around the top spot. Putting Mos Def on a song seems to be a surefire way to get me to like it.

Finder of Things
Now This Sound Is Brave - http://nowthissound.com
"Somewhere in my soul, there's always rock and roll." -Joe Strummer
Posted 3 years ago #

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan

roadie

TheHokes

what you do to me, telling me things & the original leaked mix of aint nothin like you are my fave, i just love how baked off his little nipples RZA sounds on that song lol! gets me everytime when he very nearly doesn't get the words out on the lines around mork & mindy haha!

"When the sweats dried in, It smells like Rock n Roll"
Posted 3 years ago #

dusty reeds

Black Keys Pimp

dusty reeds

On the Vista, Ain't nuttin like you, Tellin' me things, What ya do 2 me, Coochie, Why cant i forget about him (which i've said before that if you slapped Beyonce or Rihanna's names on the vocal credits that this would have been a hit.)

twitter @dustyreeds
Posted 3 years ago #

tbkmagic

roadie

tbkmagic

songs that have the black keys on em. thats what I'll go for.

what you do to me
hoochie coo
done did it
telling me things
grown so ugly
thickfreakness
10 am automatic
the desperate man
your touch
you're the one

what?
whats going on?
shutup!

Posted 3 years ago #

Rufus

drunken admirer

Rufus

hahaha magic. +1 for you

Posted 3 years ago #

Razournik

not diehard enough

User has not uploaded an avatar

I have to go with coochie, on the vista, or stay off the fuckin flowers. I really like the Wu-tang guys and mos def. If you haven't heard Mos Def and Talib Kweli's black star album, check it out. They use some great samples for the songs.

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.