Since this album has been a point of controversy here as of late, let's dissect it some more! Here are my favourite songs in the best order my mind could assemble:
1. Done Did It feat. NOE, Nicole Wray
2. Ain't Nothin Like You (Hoochie Coo) feat. Mos Def, Jim Jones
3. Dollaz % Sense feat. RZA, Pharoahe Monche
4. Stay Off The Fuckin' Flowers feat. Raekwon
5. Coochie feat. ODB, Ludacris
6. What You Do To Me feat. Jim Jones, Billy Danze, Nicole Wray
7. On The Vista feat. Mos Def
8. Hard Times feat. NOE
9. Hope You're Happy feat. Billy Danze, Q-Tip, Nicole Wray
10. Tellin' Me Things feat. RZA
11. Why Can't I Forget Him feat. Nicole Wray
Anywho, this isn't my absolute list but the top and bottom are pretty accurate. I know I'll get some flack for hating on "Why Can't I Forget Him" but this track is just really boring to me. In the webisodes Nicole Wray seemed to showcase some really soulful flair but I feel like this track is devoid of any of it, it just brings me down.
This next part is more off-topic; I just mowed a lawn while listening to Blakroc and honestly I really love this album. Listening to hip hop is becoming a fewer and further between activity for me with each passing year, but this album really reminded me why I ever liked it in the first place. Legit beats and legit attitude. Speaking of which, anybody catch the trailer for that new Tribe Called Quest documentary? It, along with the new Beastie Boys album, are really bringing me back to the days of my youth!
But I digress, so which are your favourite Blakroc songs? Let's be constructive!