The Black Keys Fan Lounge Forum » Articles & Interviews

hyphensprint

drunken admirer

hyphensprint

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/06/black_keys_drummer_patrick_car.html

You just got yourself an apple strawberry sea breeze wine cooler.
http://www.opendtuning.com
Posted 3 years ago #

summertime blues

big fan

summertime blues

wow pretty cool interview. He seems to have a little bit of resentment to the whole Blakroc thing.

Also when did they perform for Obama and did they really steal the toilet seat from Muscle Shoals?

"what have you got in that pipe, hashish?"
Posted 3 years ago #

brucini

doorman

brucini

that's the best interview ever

Posted 3 years ago #

kepnerb

drunken admirer

kepnerb

Great interview! Pat is as funny as always. I love the comments about Dame Dash. He kinda seems ridiculous now. I liked the music and idea of the project but Dash has rubbed me the wrong way after it all. And I def see how Pat thinks it could get old doing another one. They accomplished everything they needed on the first. A second with more independent MCs would be great

Posted 3 years ago #

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan

roadie

TheHokes

Awesome interview, "tooling around" haha what a phrase. glad he doesn't like $40 cheeseburgers though... means he's got more for that $5,000 watch! Side question, do you guys think pat n dan might be driftin apart a bit?

"When the sweats dried in, It smells like Rock n Roll"
Posted 3 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

I like Pat more and more lately. I used to be a huge Dan nerd. Patrick has really come into his own. He didn't used to say much. He's really funny, glad he talks more now. He has good shit to say, and doesn't try to sugar-coat shit.

@Hokes - NO WAY. I thought that back when Dan did Keep It Hid and Patrick was doing the Drummer thing, and it turns out I was kind of correct, but I think they've settled their differences. They're Borthers man.

"When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Posted 3 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Oh and I know this sounds all asshole-ish and I-toldya-so-ish, but I'm glad they are realizing the error of their ways with Blakroc.

I said the same thing that they seem to be feeling - it was a great idea and a fun project but the end result was sorta lame. There doesn not need to be a Blakroc 2. Blakroc was the only album of theirs I did not buy. I stole it, listened to it about 12 times trying to like it, but never did. And I haven't listened to it in ages. No plans to either. The instrumentals are cool but most of the MC's were DRIPPING with whack-juice.

Posted 3 years ago #

mbmark

massive fan

mbmark

I have to agree with Mirby, I like Pat more and more lately. When they ask; (Can you tell me the best thing about recording at Muscle Shoals, the Alabama studio where legends like Aretha Franklin and Wilson Pickett have worked?) Pat answers, "There’s a really good Cracker Barrel down there. Really fresh fried catfish and okra. There’s an amazing Circle K." Amazing answer!! Pat cracks the shit out of me.

Posted 3 years ago #

mike

drunken admirer

mike

But we had nothing to do with the first two videos for this record, to be honest. Warner Bros. was like, “We’re gonna make these videos. If you like them, we’ll use them; if you don’t, we don’t have to. And we were like, “We don’t like them.” They were like, “We’re going to use them anyway.”

It's nice feeling completely vindicated in my original assessment of the dinosaur disaster.

"Since huge quantities of information can be computer-digitalized and transmitted, music researchers could, for example, swap records over the Net with "essentially perfect fidelity."
- Rolling Stone, December 7, 1972
Posted 3 years ago #

mac

drunken admirer

mac

I think the Obama gig was maybe something in Akron with Devo before he was elected. Democratic fundraiser or such?

Otherwise great interview as usual. Thanks.

well...the look of the cake, it ain't, it ain't always the taste
Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.