The Black Keys Fan Lounge Forum » Articles & Interviews

jillyrose23

massive fan

jillyrose23

That "CBS Documentary" we've been hearing about aired on CBS Sunday Morning this morning. (Sorry for the late notice) It was a great segment - shots from this tour, the Firestone Hall of Fame, and chats with the fam. Hopefully the video will come up on their webpage soon - if not, I may be able to help out...

Posted 2 years ago #

marshall67

big fan

marshall67

Really cool segment. Loved the Isaac Hayes "Walk On By", high school pics, and interviewing the family bits.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7406190n

Posted 2 years ago #

mac

drunken admirer

mac

i caught it too almost by accident.
Loved the part when Dan's dad says, "SNL, cover of Rolling Stone, Madison Square Garden, it doesn't get much better than that...although maybe Yankee Stadium" and laughs, and then Dan mocks groaning..."just never good enough, Dad."

Nice piece!

well...the look of the cake, it ain't, it ain't always the taste
Posted 2 years ago #

pj9615

big fan

pj9615

Saw that. Pretty cool.

Posted 2 years ago #

pcerio

drunken admirer

pcerio

I read the story about the mayonaise commerical before. Had to laugh at the part where they turned it down in fear of being labeled "sellouts".........and then along comes El Camino

Right now baby, oh yeah, I got mine
Posted 2 years ago #

thatswhatshesaidshesaid

massive fan

User has not uploaded an avatar

Watch your tongue, pcerio.

But you know, when the ammegedon comes, and thy pile up the bodies...I will be in the cool pile and many of you will be in the "suck" pile. That's it.
Posted 2 years ago #

dusty reeds

Black Keys Pimp

dusty reeds

@pcerio- nice

twitter @dustyreeds
Posted 2 years ago #

Loht773

drunken admirer

Loht773

As far as im concerned they havent sold out, since El Camino has some great influences. Take Mind Eraser and tell me it dosent sound like The Rolling Stones in Some Girls. El Camino IS a Pop Album, it's meant to sound like one, even though Pat declared they would never do a "clean and radio friendly record". We can critize the over production (meaning Brian Burton aka Danger Mouse), the use of power chords and the lack of good lyrics (pop album...) but from that to saying they have sould out it's quite excessive.

It's gonna be loud, are you ready? -Dan
Posted 2 years ago #

thatswhatshesaidshesaid

massive fan

People need to realize that just because they may not like the music it doesn't mean that The Black Keys have "Sold Out". Get over yourselves you self righteous snobs.

Posted 2 years ago #

thatswhatshesaidshesaid

massive fan

Dan: "Hey Pat, let's sell the fuck out."

Pat: "Great idea! What shall we listen to?!"

Dan: "Oh, i don't know, who's someone we could use as an inspiration that has great mass appeal? Let's model this record after something like that."

Pat: "Umm, I don't know, how about the Johnny Burnette Trio?"

Dan: "PERFECT!!!"

:: Danger Mouse hand claps with excitement ::

Posted 2 years ago #

hudsonsaul

massive fan

Loht773 - 3 hours ago  » 
As far as im concerned they havent sold out, since El Camino has some great influences. Take Mind Eraser and tell me it dosent sound like The Rolling Stones in Some Girls. El Camino IS a Pop Album, it's meant to sound like one, even though Pat declared they would never do a "clean and radio friendly record". We can critize the over production (meaning Brian Burton aka Danger Mouse), the use of power chords and the lack of good lyrics (pop album...) but from that to saying they have sould out it's quite excessive.

What on earth has power chords got to do with selling out or not selling out, or the difference between pop and not pop. Appreciate in the earlier records it was finger picking and single notes on a single string. But why the hate towards power chords?

Posted 2 years ago #

littleseawolf

massive fan

littleseawolf

great piece, thanks for posting

Posted 2 years ago #

Shauna

massive fan

shauna161

Thanks marshall67 for posting the video

"If I think too hard,I might lose my mind".
Posted 2 years ago #

thatswhatshesaidshesaid

massive fan

hudsonsaul - 7 hours ago  » 

Loht773 - 3 hours ago  » 

What on earth has power chords got to do with selling out or not selling out, or the difference between pop and not pop. Appreciate in the earlier records it was finger picking and single notes on a single string. But why the hate towards power chords?

I guess "Girl is on My Mind" is the sellout of all sellouts

Posted 2 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

I really enjoyed this piece. So good to see you (and the Mrs) Mr Auerbach!

And I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that I thought it was very cool that Dan kisses his mother AND father. On national television. Guys it's okay to kiss your dad. Dad's need love too.

@Mac- I also laughed out loud at the bit where Mr A says "what's bigger than that? I guess maybe Yankee Stadium" and of course Dan with the "never good enough, huh dad?"

And as far as the sellout talk in this thread? Give it a rest guys. Jesus... what does that even MEAN anymore? It's like the term "crazy", used so often that it no longer has any solid identifiable meaning. Grow up.

"When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.