The Black Keys Fan Lounge Forum » The Band

JTX

big fan

JTX

Saw the movie last night. It was pretty funny. Wasn't expecting to hear TBK on it.

Posted 3 years ago #

mike

drunken admirer

mike

My God.

I heard that movie took in FIVE MILLION opening weekend. Enormous bomb.

"Since huge quantities of information can be computer-digitalized and transmitted, music researchers could, for example, swap records over the Net with "essentially perfect fidelity."
- Rolling Stone, December 7, 1972
Posted 3 years ago #

tbkmagic

roadie

tbkmagic

yeh i spotted on facebook something about this. from the black keys page.

Posted 3 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Yeah TBK said on Facebook "go see mcgruber, our friends made it"

I don't trust that at all. And frankly, I don't like when I'm told to do things.

"When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Posted 3 years ago #

tbkmagic

roadie

tbkmagic

yeh true. Mirby you should change your avatar again.

Posted 3 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Hilarious.

It changes often. Whenever I feel like changing it.

Posted 3 years ago #

tbkmagic

roadie

tbkmagic

haha my dry humour is not to your liking mirby? I'm just teasing ya!

Posted 3 years ago #

marshmeli

drunken admirer

marshmeli

i thought it was 4.1 m... i heard it was a pretty good, i wanted to check it out

Posted 3 years ago #

Danleary

drunken admirer

Danleary

The previews for this movie looked stupid. Some of the corniest dialog I've ever heard. What else would you expect from SNL, I dunno what happened at the turn of the century to cause it but that show has really gone down the drain. I probably shouldn't be so judgmental without seeing it first but I can just tell it would be some hours of my life I'd never get back.

Was the movie much different then the previews? You guys seem to like it, maybe I'll have to check it out

Ron Paul 2012
Posted 3 years ago #

Japas

massive fan

Japas

I'm still waiting for TBK to be on Glee

Posted 3 years ago #

kepnerb

drunken admirer

kepnerb

Japas - 1 hour ago  » 
I'm still waiting for TBK to be on Glee

I think you will be waiting quite awhile.

I havent seen McGruber but as far as it being corny..its supposed to making fun of spy movies and such.

Posted 3 years ago #

marshmeli

drunken admirer

marshmeli

Danleary - 1 hour ago  » 
The previews for this movie looked stupid. Some of the corniest dialog I've ever heard. What else would you expect from SNL, I dunno what happened at the turn of the century to cause it but that show has really gone down the drain. I probably shouldn't be so judgmental without seeing it first but I can just tell it would be some hours of my life I'd never get back.
Was the movie much different then the previews? You guys seem to like it, maybe I'll have to check it out

i think that is the point, it is supposed to have corny dialog and a dumb plot... its like a spoof movie

Posted 3 years ago #

hyphensprint

drunken admirer

hyphensprint

The fact that it is a SNL movie and a spoof is spot on.
IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE STUPID!
I wouldn't mind watching it, but probably won't do it in theaters.
Most of the SNL movies are terrible movies (for movies sake) but that doesn't make them not enjoyable.

Also, DanLeary, SNL tanked when Tina Fey took over as sole writer - which is weird, most of her stuff I find funny - then Adam Samberg came and it started to get funny again.

I haven't watched it in a while though. I typically have other things to do on a Saturday night, and maybe that is why it isn't as funny anymore. I'm not a kid and I don't get the same kick out of staying up past my bedtime for cheesy potty humor. I'm going to stand behind SNL, every generation says "it's not as good as it used to be", but boo-hoo.

You just got yourself an apple strawberry sea breeze wine cooler.
http://www.opendtuning.com
Posted 3 years ago #

sinister kid

not diehard enough

sinister kid

Dude, are you The ACTUAL J.J. Grey or is that just the avatar you are using?

JTX - 6 hours ago  » 
Saw the movie last night. It was pretty funny. Wasn't expecting to hear TBK on it.

Posted 3 years ago #

Danleary

drunken admirer

Danleary

I know, spoof of macgyver, whatever. It might be intentionally stupid, but it was so damn cliche...

It's not a generational bias thing, SNL just plain sucks. Sweaty salty sack. They had the worst Obama impression skit a few weeks ago. I turned it on midway through and I thought it was a spoof of David Patterson at first. There's no talented actors there. The 90's had Chris Farley, 80's Eddie Murphy, 70's John Belushi. What did the 00's spawn? Tina Fey? Would you honestly put her among the ranks of those other actors? Great impression of Clinton and Palin, what else?

Why watch SNL when you can watch Mad TV? That's what I ask myself these days

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.