• Started 2 years ago by dothetrunk
  • Latest reply from slmb91

Tags:

No tags yet.

dothetrunk

roadie

dothetrunk

http://the330.com/music/black-keys-go-large-on-home-turf-2/

Lol, the article mentions how Jackie White challenged Dan to a fight.

Danleary - 1 day ago  » 
the refraction of the light off the pick effects your tone
Posted 2 years ago #

pcerio

drunken admirer

pcerio

LOL... Jack Who?

Right now baby, oh yeah, I got mine
Posted 2 years ago #

Loht773

drunken admirer

Loht773

It sounds like bullshit to me, plus I dont think Jack and Dan have even met. The media loves that Jack vs Dan shit, just like Beatles vs Rolling Stones, there was no such thing as hate or rivalry between thoose bands.

It's gonna be loud, are you ready? -Dan
Posted 2 years ago #

brucini

doorman

brucini

yeah this story keeps coming up but i'm not sure of any grounds for it either. have emailed Malcolm X Abram for the evidence he uses for this claim.

Posted 2 years ago #

StackShotTBK

big fan

StackShotTBK

I read in the rollingstone issue that Jack White stopped Dan from coming into third man records or something like that but nothing about a fight.

Posted 2 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Why do these "journalists" still get to keep making comparisons between TBK and the white stripes? Here's a fucking comparison for ya, The Black Keys are still a band. The White Stripes are ancient history. Just fucking drop it already, good god. Not to mention the fact that the Black Keys nowadays sound almost nothing like they did on their first two albums when all that was going down. You'd think they could come up with something else to write seeing as how it's been, ohhh, TEN fucking years now...

"When the power of Love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -Jimi Hendrix
Posted 2 years ago #

Peter Blomkvist

drunken admirer

fruckin

And they have never sounded alike, on any record.

"Practice what you preach"
Posted 2 years ago #

brucini

doorman

brucini

Have received a response from Malcolm X Abram:

"I was wrong. I shouldn't have included it in the story. It has been removed. I apologize to both Dan and Jack for the misrepresentation."

-Malcolm Abram

Posted 2 years ago #

smokesignals

massive fan

smokesignals

Malcolm probably had to retract that because he was told off the record. As a reporter he can only really report on the conversation during an interview. He is a friend of Pat's and was most likely told during a personal conversation. Jack has come to Dan's studio and let's just say it wasn't to hang out.

<<<Sending Smoke Signals>>>

http://www.hoofandthehorn.com
Posted 2 years ago #

Mirby 2.0

tour bus driver

MirbyGnits

Wow, man was he drunk or something? What is he some sort of "banger" now? I thought grown men with millions of dollars were beyond such childish antics.

Remeber that old show Celebrity Deathmatch? It was all clay-mation or whatever but this would be a perfect matchup. For a makebelieve/animated show. Not in real life. Jeez louise what would they have to fight about? Not many things are worth fist fighting about in adulthood. It would end with someone being sued and someone going to jail, etc etc.

How silly. Hard to believe, that's for sure.

I guess I owe the new guy an apology (whoever brought this up in the off-topic section). My fault. I thought it was some blown out of proportion story. Apparently there is some truth there. Smokesignals knowns what he's talking about.

Posted 2 years ago #

Loht773

drunken admirer

Loht773

I also heard Dan wasent allowed to enter Jacks Third Man Studio, but I thought it was all bullshit. This is quite odd, why would he even want to fight Dan? He's funny as hell and seems like a very calmed person.

Posted 2 years ago #

smokesignals

massive fan

smokesignals

I guess Dan wasn't allowed at Jack's studio because Dan started recording another musician who had booked time at Third Man. He showed up with this other artist and they kicked them both out. The whole thing is strange but I guess I can kind of see Jack's point of view too. He probably has heard the comparisons as well over the years. He even fought the singer of the Bon Vondies over sounding too similar. Now Dan is in Nashville with a new studio that will no doubt compete with Jack's. Two big fish in a small pond. But yeah they're both adults and I know Dan handled the situation like one.

Posted 2 years ago #

brucini

doorman

brucini

Thanks smokesignals.

It certainly didn't make sense malcolm x abram would publish what he did without knowing. kind of surprised he took it down after being asked about his source. especially considering what was published in Rolling Stone.

here's some of the other bits and pieces that have been published on the record:

But that hardly stopped people from dismissing the Keys as an off-brand White Stripes, and even Jack White has beef: "I'm a lot more to do with Jay-Z than the Black Keys," he told me in 2010, and though Auerbach won't talk about the incident, White apparently blocked him from entering his studio in Nashville not long ago. (Responds White: "Anything you've ever heard anyone say about me is 100 percent accurate.")

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rise-of-the-black-keys-20120215#ixzz1phwMKWgp

Question: Are you and Jack White friendly?

Answer: No. I don’t know Jack.

Q: Never sought that out?

A: No. We have a lot of mutual friends. The person most responsible for me moving to Nashville is Patrick Keeler, the drummer from the Raconteurs (a band that includes White in its lineup). He’s one of my really good buddies. He showed me around town and I really fell in love with this city.

Q: You would appreciate why someone would ask if you were friends with Jack White?

A: I guess so. But not all musicians hang out. Not all writers hang out just because they’re writers.

At this point, I asked if Auerbach knows Carl Broemel — the Indianapolis native who plays guitar in My Morning Jacket and now lives in Nashville (and was enlisted by White to play on Wanda Jackson’s “The Party Ain’t Over” album issued on White’s label Third Man Records).

Auerbach said he’s acquaintances with Broemel, but added his closest friend in My Morning Jacket is Patrick Hallahan … the drummer in Auerbach’s Fast Five side project.

http://blogs.indystar.com/sounds/2012/03/15/dan-auerbach-talks-about-his-non-existent-relationship-with-jack-white/

"I feel like I'm a lot more to do with Jay-Z than I do with the Black Keys. And I don't know what that is, it's just a feeling.

"I love hip-hop if it's done with a sense of the blues, even if the person who is creating it isn't thinking that at all. I think Jay-Z is just incredible. 'The Black Album' is one of the best albums of the decade."

http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/2010/01/jack_white_im_a_lot_more_to_do.php

what was redacted from Malcolm X Abram's article http://the330.com/music/black-keys-go-large-on-home-turf-2/

"Guitar/bass duos also became fashionable with bands such as the White
Stripes (whose Jack White recently and infamously challenged Auerbach to a
fight in front of Auerbach's home in Nashville where both rockers
reside)..."

Posted 2 years ago #

Keys4Life

not diehard enough

User has not uploaded an avatar

Yeah i didn't know the details but i posted about it in the general discussion, i read about it in Rolling Stone but dan refused to comment about it.

Posted 2 years ago #

McRib

not diehard enough

User has not uploaded an avatar

Malcolm X's information was wrong, and so is smokesignals second post on the subject.

Posted 2 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.