absolutely nothing to do with BK – Deep Blues Festival

Home Forums Off Topic absolutely nothing to do with BK – Deep Blues Festival

This topic contains 83 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  DaviddryncDA DaviddryncDA 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

If anyone is interested in outsider and alternative blues, I'm having 30 bands at the Bayport BBQ june 29th to july 1st

http://www.bayportbbq.com

FAT LIGHTNING
    FAT LIGHTNING
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 64
    • Total Posts 72

No Cleveland this year??

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Love the thread title. Aree with lightning, bring that stuff to Cleveland!

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

When I ended the fest in 2010, a couple bands created the Cleveland event for summer 2011. I thought it was a great idea and I was able to attend. The whole Deep Blues Fest idea was all about bringing exposure to outsider and alternative blues.

I believe there is a Deep Blues NW event being planned for Portland in August. Cleveland may happen in September. There is talk about Pheonix AZ too.

Some other cool folks you might want to look into are Muddy Roots (in TN labor day – Belgium in June)and any of the Hillgrass Bluebilly events (Austin TX, Fort Wayne IN, and more)

There's a lot of good music out there. Certainly something for everyone. You never know what you might stumble upon. I can still picture the day I was sitting at my desk surfing the Fat Possum website and clicked on a video of a band I'd never heard of.

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

workerposterbw.jpg

heartposter.jpg

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Wow Chris. 😯 Glad to see they caught that in time. Two words for ya brother,fish oil. Brought my triglycerids down immensly , and simvistatin helped bring down my LDL. Glad your stil "Alive" and well. 😀 I hope those aren't the festival grounds they're working on. Doesn't look like it'll be ready in time.

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

thanks Dusty. Yes, I'm on the fish oil and drugs. Better living through chemicals.

No fears on the festival grounds. We're preparing for another amazing batch of musicians. Plenty of Alive bands in the mix.

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

bayport bbq deep blues festival lineup announcement and ticket sales start date is thursday april 5th

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

If you missed it earlier this week or just want to watch it again. Check out the upload on this youtube channel. I'll leave it up all day today for my birthday. Enjoy.

that demo

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

we're starting to do daily announcements of performers for the 2012 Bayport BBQ Deep Blues Festival. so far:

#1 David Kimbrough Jr

#2 Henry's Funeral Shoe

daily announcements, news and links are on the fest

facebook page

Mr.ssippi
    Mr.ssippi
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 1231
    • Total Posts 1251

This looks incredibly cool! Wish I could make the trip.. Any chance of bringin' it to Mississippi?!.

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

I doubt I'll ever put on a show in MS, but never say never. Do check out my friends at the New Roxy Theater in Clarksdale MS Fri April 13th (part of the Juke Joint Fest)

2pm – Slate Dump

3pm – Chris Russell's Chicken Walk

4pm – Alex 'Crankshaft' Larson

5pm – (mississippi Gabe Carter)

6pm – Washboard Jackson

7pm – Elam McKnight

8pm – Bloody ol Mule

9pm – Cashman

10pm – LC Ulmer

11pm – Husky Burnette

This is the Muddy Roots Juke Joint Party hosted by the Muddy Roots Festival. They are doing an event in Belgium in June and Cookeville TN Labor Day weekend.

Today's 2012 Bayport BBQ Deep Blues Festival announcement is

#3 Possessed By Paul James

Mr.ssippi
    Mr.ssippi
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 1231
    • Total Posts 1251

That's a shame, man. I know we already have quite a few, but there's always room for more. Any particular why you seem hesitant to bring one here? It did start here, ya know? Of course you know.. And by no means do i mean that to sound petty. If ya just dont think its a good fit, then i totally get it. Either way, i think what ya got goin' is very cool. Best of luck with it.

You've probably heard of it, maybe even been there. But in case you havent, The North Ms Hillcountry Picnic is mighty nice as well. Check it out if you havent already.

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

I've been to several of Kenny's picnics. Here's a pic I took a few years back. Some Ohio kid playing at a blues fest. Go figure.

I've put on a few events in MN, because that's where I live. This is a hobby, not a profession. I've brought up many of my southern heros. CeDell, Belfour, T-Model, Hezekiah, Cage, Elmo, Kenny, Cedric.

107_0796.jpg

Mr.ssippi
    Mr.ssippi
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 1231
    • Total Posts 1251

Cool! I dont know why, but I was under the impression you lived in Tx. Maybe that was due to all the bar b que talk!.. Awesome pic by the.way.

I got to meet Cedric once. Very cool fella!..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.