Another "New album" thread…… Studio leak???????(yeah right lol)…

Home Forums General Discussion Another "New album" thread…… Studio leak???????(yeah right lol)…

Tagged: 

This topic contains 18,018 replies, has 254 voices, and was last updated by  TylerVixHH TylerVixHH 30 seconds ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18,019 total)
  • Author
    Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

….found this on Youtube in a related tab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCHtrnuglOE

Posting it not so much because I believe its real, cause it clearly is fake :roll: or is it?

but more for (another)discussion on what direction we think the new album will go – (I know we've talked over and over again about it) but just saying now that the El camino tour is coming to its end, studio time is booked and interviews have been had and so on and we're into 2013.

Plus the forums a little dead

On the issue of interviews(and the new album) both Dan and Pat have acknowledged at different times that while El Camino was liked by some it was loathed by others.

So I dunno what to think still

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Interesting find Kieran-lee. I'm seriously digging it, whoever it is. I love funky instrumentals! 🙂

stackshotmazz
    stackshotmazz
    • Posts 22
    • Replies 296
    • Total Posts 318

interesting indeed.

there is some "keys" vibe in there.

hudsonsaul
    • Posts 6
    • Replies 136
    • Total Posts 142

Horrible guitar tone at the beginning of that clip, and doesn't really sound like Dan's style of playing.

RE; Next Album. I hope they keep it simple, don't over produce or over think it, keep it all predominately just them two contributing to the song writing, sound, composition etc. and don't work on it for months and months.

Will be interesting to see what they do, as they don't really repeat themselves, so it won't be another El Camineo…..however, whatever sound they come up with i hope its drenched in soulful blues with a deep groove, and less of a poppy vibe as El C.

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

I've heard Dan state (and we've talked about it too) ….

..That where they are in their lives influences the end result. A lot of fast paced traveling about after Brothers-(we get El Camino)

Past albums living in Ohio-(we get slower deeper sounding albums)

Now…. they say that once the (long-ass)tours over they are gonna take a few months off and focus on it, plus other stuff…So *shrugs shoulders*

Pretty excited for it. I think it'll be something different than whats come before. I really do. Some of us might not like it again, just the way it is, but it won't be as unanimously decided straight off the bat like El Camino

kepnerb
    kepnerb
    • Posts 21
    • Replies 396
    • Total Posts 417

This is definitely FAKE!!!

Even though the sound has changed a little over the course of their different albums…their production style hasn't changed too much..and this supposed "leaked" track has a total different production sound to it…this is definitely not the Black Keys.

Danleary
    • Posts 58
    • Replies 904
    • Total Posts 962

Guess I'm in the minority, but I think there is a chance that this is real. I swear I'm hearing some little nuances in this that only Pat or Dan would do, and Dan did say the album was skizoid. I do have to mention that it's 2:30 am and way past my bedtime.

Rollercoaster
    Rollercoaster
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 444
    • Total Posts 452

Danleary – 5 hours ago  » 

Guess I'm in the minority, but I think there is a chance that this is real. I swear I'm hearing some little nuances in this that only Pat or Dan would do, and Dan did say the album was skizoid. I do have to mention that it's 2:30 am and way past my bedtime.

This is fake and sounds horrible. Nah, come on Dan, you know better then that. Listen to those drummfills/rolls. Pat never does those cliche fills. My thought is that this was made by some guys trying to have a laugh.

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Participant
    • Posts 41
    • Replies 1675
    • Total Posts 1716

hahaha it's defo not them, the guitar tones are horrendous, just the sound of the guitars tells you it isn't dan, however the keys etc aren't a bad representation 😛 but it's defo a fake no two ways about it. the instrumentals they've done in the past have so much more depth and tone that it this just can't be them!

yunkay
    yunkay
    • Posts 13
    • Replies 65
    • Total Posts 78

also the drums are a drum machine/emulator

Danleary
    • Posts 58
    • Replies 904
    • Total Posts 962

Look at those rough sketch recordings/demos of bands that no longer exist coming out, like the Jimi Hendrix ones. A lot of them sound like shit. That's the point, it's just a sketch.

It's funny how so many people are quick to point out how sure they are of a particular aspect of a recording. I think it's safe to say we're all a bunch of schmoes sitting next to our bedroom guitar rigs while typing on our desktop computer. How many of us actually have extensive experience working in a professional recording studio?

I will agree that parts of this sound awkward compared to the usual Black Keys, but is it fake? Probably, but I'm not going to be so quick to count this one out.

yunkay
    yunkay
    • Posts 13
    • Replies 65
    • Total Posts 78

Danleary – 10 minutes ago  » 

I think it's safe to say we're all a bunch of schmoes sitting next to our bedroom guitar rigs while typing on our desktop computer. How many of us actually have extensive experience working in a professional recording studio?

I have

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

I remember this band doing what appeared to most as a "fake" ad to buy a minivan to promote their next album. :roll: Sounded hokey and didn't seem like it were real, but there it was.

derekirving
    derekirving
    • Posts 1
    • Replies 96
    • Total Posts 97

I can at least concur that demo / scratch song quality is normally made with what ever you have when the idea strikes. Typically I'll demo/scratch stuff on my iphone with iRig, the built in mic, iphone four track recorder, etc – get the ideas flushed out to see how it feels and sits. Then when ready do the final take in a studio.

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

It dosent sound like them, if this was real Nonesuch Records would have taken it down. Do we know if they are already in the studio? They said January but no confirmed dates.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18,019 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.