Another "New album" thread…… Studio leak???????(yeah right lol)…

Home Forums General Discussion Another "New album" thread…… Studio leak???????(yeah right lol)…

This topic contains 34,202 replies, has 334 voices, and was last updated by  Mrallelardaw Mrallelardaw 3 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34,203 total)
  • Author
    dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Loht773 – 2 hours ago  » 

It dosent sound like them, if this was real Nonesuch Records would have taken it down. Do we know if they are already in the studio? They said January but no confirmed dates.

Or, is the reason that it is still up because it is a "legit" leak? I would think the big WB would have had it removed by now, if it were fake. Like the fake video for "Sister" that was up for all of a few hours. πŸ˜•

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

Come on Dusty, its very very unusual for any band to release work in progress recordings of songs. Specially when they have been in the studio for only a few days (may be they havent even entered the studio yet). Plus they wouldnt do it without publicity, for example articles in Rolling Stone magazine and such. "The Black Keys release raw studio material" headlines of the sort.

But no, nothing has been announced, im pretty sure its fake. Also, we dont know if they are in the studio yet.

Danleary
    • Posts 58
    • Replies 904
    • Total Posts 962

Well it claims to be leaked, and leaks tend to be put out without the band's permission, so it wouldn't have publicity. Of course, then we can go back to the argument "why hasn't it been removed from youtube yet?." But as Dusty pointed out, other fake videos have been taken down right away.

hudsonsaul
    • Posts 6
    • Replies 136
    • Total Posts 142

The difference with the fake video being taken down, and this "leak", is that the Sister video contained the legit full fledged track from the album, over an unauthorized video (albeit a well put together semi-pro video). It was making press that the Black Keys had released the latest video for their new single Sister,….so it got pulled asap. Which is understandable.

This clip on the hand, doesn't have anything like that, but the word 'leak' in its title. IMO (and this is all my comment is), if this were an official leak, it would be taken down by now and wouldn't have lasted this long.

Also various music news sites and magazines would be all over it by now….and no one is biting at this clip. If the press get on it, it wil be pulled legit or not. Fact its been around for a while now, and hasn't raised one eyebrow by the band tells me its bogus.

Of course I could be completely wrong πŸ˜› …. imo it doesn't sound like them especially the 1st quarter or so.

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

Dont think its "the boys" – could be wrong(as we've all said)

I mean that guitar sound, is more akin to jack white or bad imitaters of blues/rock of today.

But as stated aswell, they have been quoted in saying the first "drafts" were all over the place.

So….im fairly stumped still lol

Dont believe its real, but as my first post said I put this up to get us chatting a little again. I see its worked. Good stuff!

TheSoleEscapist
    TheSoleEscapist
    • Posts 13
    • Replies 41
    • Total Posts 54

Relax everyone, I'm pretty sure this article confirms it is a fake.

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Black-Keys-New-Album-0110-2013.aspx

They just started recording this week and that video was put up in dec. They also state that no music has been written yet.

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

No music has been written yet? Good to see they are prepared for this one. πŸ˜•

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

Yeah, just what I thought. They werent in the studio.

Dusty, Dan dosent write on the road, its not a bad thing to start writing songs in the studio. Its The Black Keys MO to just jam and see where it takes them.

So stop being so negative! 😑

TheSoleEscapist
    TheSoleEscapist
    • Posts 13
    • Replies 41
    • Total Posts 54

dusty reeds – 14 hours ago  » 

No music has been written yet? Good to see they are prepared for this one. πŸ˜•

Don't worry man it'll be ok. Just hug it out and let the warm fuzzy feelings flow through your body. Everything is gonna be ok.

Peter Blomkvist
    Peter Blomkvist
    • Posts 21
    • Replies 331
    • Total Posts 352

I'm really worried about their next album. I mean they've got it all from El Camino. I can't see how they would dare to stray to far from it. I REALLY hope that they do though.

If "Brothers" came out now, after El Camino, it would be a HUGE hit. Lets hope that they go for something like that. More soul please.

/P

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

What Pete said. ^

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Participant
    • Posts 41
    • Replies 1675
    • Total Posts 1716

I just wanna hear summin dirty again man, dirty, groovin, maybe a coupla rock out jobs but mainly dirty and groovin. if there's gonna be keys then keep em dark like chulahoma haha!

StackShotTBK
    StackShotTBK
    • Posts 3
    • Replies 69
    • Total Posts 72

Yeah, the farther they stay away from using keys the better in my opinion, unless it's a background drone like in countdown. It worked on brothers, but I feel like it's over done now.

If they made another album like el camino I really hope they just do less. I feel like I said it before, but I think I would like lonely boy better if it didn't have keys, background singers, and all the other stuff. But a darker, groovier album would be the best.

JrD
    JrD
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 117
    • Total Posts 137

Current in-studio shot.

😯 :bandit:

http://thisisablogabouttheblackkeys.tumblr.com/image/41323387946

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

@jrd OMG OMG OMG! πŸ˜€

I see a Piano in there! Also, is that a Supro Twin Tone in the background?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34,203 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.