June 9, 2010 at 6:10 pm #70769
- Posts 14
- Replies 869
- Total Posts 883
actually rather pissed I missed it all.
pm me next time shit gets hairy if I dont seem to be in on it. I have this really calming effect on people, I could have defused this a while ago.June 9, 2010 at 6:17 pm #70770
thelengths – 6 minutes ago »
actually rather pissed I missed it all.
pm me next time shit gets hairy if I dont seem to be in on it. I have this really calming effect on people, I could have defused this a while ago.
I have the opposite effect on people.June 9, 2010 at 6:21 pm #70771
- Posts 14
- Replies 869
- Total Posts 883
ahh go f*&^ yourself MirbyJune 9, 2010 at 6:26 pm #70772
😆 hahaJune 10, 2010 at 4:06 pm #70773
- Posts 5
- Replies 10
- Total Posts 15
wow, i make two posts and leave the board for a day and looks like guy here had some trouble quitting his own presumptuous stream of consciousness attack. you pegged me as a "100% hip-hop, hat banged to the side, homophobe" etc. where are you getting this shit from? why the hell would somebody like that come to the "black keys fan lounge?" you're sharper than sherlock holmes eh? sorry, detective joke, no offense to any "detectives" you may be friends with.
first of all "crookedbill" refers to the fact that my first name is actually "bill" and i'm a fan of the band "them crooked vultures." woah, weird how that works. second, i'm a fan of music. i don't "hate" any music, no matter what genre, though i do have my favorites (that being, rock&roll). music is my life, my passion, and actually my livelihood. 100% hip-hop? not really, though i was a big hip-hop fan for part of high-school and consider myself pretty knowledgeable about the genre.
my favorite hip-hop group growing up was the wu-tang clan, specifically with rza producing. now, i think dan has stated more than a few times in interviews that he and pat were big fans of rza production and attempted to mimic this when they first started with the black keys. in accord with that, anybody with discerning ears can easily tell that blakroc is their closest emulation of that rza-style production. furthermore, anybody who's been paying attention to hip-hop in the last decade (whether they enjoy it or not, which i personally don't) realizes that nobody produces like the rza anymore (save for a few underground artists). now, your derisive comments about hip-hop tells me you made a snap judgement equating blakroc to some horrible contemporary hip-hop you apparently hear "spewing out of car windows" with the purpose of insulting the blakroc project. weak.
that said, i live in dc in a part of town called adams morgan, just a few blocks north of dupont circle (aka, the gay area of town). weird how a homophobe chooses to live anywhere near there huh? i have gay friends too (good for us right? you and i are both so "progressive" and the world looks so much better from atop these high horses), and i know if they read your enraged pseudo alpha-dog territorial pissings here they'd say "damn, this bitch needs to grow some thicker skin."
now, that out of the way, any fellow fans want to talk about the black keys?June 10, 2010 at 4:13 pm #70774
I stopped reading after you wrote that you really like Them Crooked Vultures.
You big, me small.June 10, 2010 at 4:58 pm #70775
i LOVE RZA's production. One of my biggest influences for production too. WU TANGJune 10, 2010 at 5:31 pm #70776
Liquid Swords is nice. Shadowboxin' is a great track.June 10, 2010 at 5:35 pm #70777
Liquid Swords by GZA
Enter the 36 Chambers by Wu Tang
Only Built for Cuban Linx by Raekwon
Return to the 36 Chambers by ODB
All classic productions by RZA. You wanna talk about rawness..look no further.
super raw drums !June 10, 2010 at 5:51 pm #70778
- Posts 5
- Replies 479
- Total Posts 484
Always been a big Wu-Tang, etc. fan, Liquid Swords is a classic. When I was in high school, my buddy and I found the movie that most of the samples on that album were taken from. It is called Lupine Wolf, and it's an old samurai movie with lots of comically spraying blood, and a kid with a crazy-ass haircut. Was kind of fun to see where all those samples on the record came from.
"When I was little, my father was famous…"June 10, 2010 at 5:55 pm #70779
Some magazine or website , can't remember, did an interview with RZA where he talked about all the movies he used for samples. It was pretty cool!June 11, 2010 at 2:16 am #70780
- Posts 179
- Replies 751
- Total Posts 930
mbmark – 1 day ago »
Well said. Let's leave it at that. In a nutshell, think before you post, and grow some balls, whether you feel the need to talk some shit, or have shit talked about you. We should be grown ass men here, let's just show some respect to one another.
i've been away for a few days and had no time to keep up. crikey.
the only thing i'd add would be to mbmark's comments: "We should be grown ass men and women here". less testosterone would defo help.
and that doesn't mean post pictures of meg white 😐
i'm closing topic, more the fact we've strayed so farDecember 23, 2016 at 12:31 am #199265
- Posts 0
- Replies 1
- Total Posts 1
Although it’s a bit embarrassing to admit, there was as soon as a time when I was a little anxious around members of the female persuasion. Over the years, however, I discovered a couple of techniques to picking up appealing females, and it seems that there is really a fair bit of overlap in between making a winning sales presentation and winning over a romantic partner.
Drawing in a (Romantic or Sales) Prospect.
This is the phase when you are just meeting someone brand-new, and wish to attract them. How can you best secure the possibility of the individual wishing to meet with you once again?
1. Make the most of the bandwagon result. Have you ever observed that guys or ladies who receive a great deal of attention from the opposite sex appear to be even more appealing? This is not a coincidence; it’s the bandwagon effect. Individuals desire exactly what everybody else wants. The Apple iPod, for example, doesn’t do anything that previous MP3 players were not able to do, but the fact that so many people want it make it preferable. Making it seem as though everyone desires you (whether it’s members of the opposite sex or sales customers) will immediately make you more desirable, too.
2. Do not be desperate. This is the other side of the previous point (making it appear that everyone desires you). You shouldn’t seem as though you’re excessively desperate for a sale or a date. This isn’t really at all an attractive quality. You need to never ever come off as needy.
3. Be creative! Using somebody a first date of dinner and a motion picture is remarkably cliche and uninteresting. Selecting a fascinating and remarkable first date experience, however, will make your prospective date wish to satisfy you. Likewise, you must think about creative manner ins which will make your sales potential customers wish to satisfy you. What additional perks can you use to make your product and services much more preferable?
Heating up with the (Romantic or Sales) Possibility.
This phase is where the individual is interested in you, and now you have actually satisfied for a first date or sales conference. Exactly what should you be worried about now?
1. Do not require too huge of a dedication too soon. Would you ever ask someone on a first date to marry you? No, naturally not! That’s far too huge of a commitment! And, yet, I see salespeople all the time trying to get individuals to commit to something they’re not anywhere near all set to devote to. Acknowledge that especially if you make big sales, it might take a period of time before the other person is willing to devote. Accept that, and get them to consent to smaller commitments in the short-term. In dating, you request lots of small commitments through dates before you move on to bigger commitments (vacationing together, conference household, cohabiting, marital relationship, etc.) In sales, you need to also shoot for smaller commitments in the beginning, and bigger dedications later on.
2. Gown properly. Let’s face it; you will never ever make a sale or win a date even if you dressed well. However you can certainly lose sales or dates if you’re dressed inadequately. Ensure you present yourself well, so that you’re all set to benefit from any chance that might emerge.
Devoting or Proceeding.
Naturally, if you continue to progress with your (romantic or sales) prospect, then you may extremely well get the huge commitment that you’re searching for. If, however, things appear to abate, be prepared to proceed. I have actually understood far a lot of friends who kept waiting around, hoping that one day their things of love might sooner or later feel the same way that they do. In doing so, they closed themselves off to numerous opportunity, therefore numerous better matches.
If the other person isn’t interested, he or she simply isn’t interested. Thankfully, “there are many fish in the sea,” as the stating goes. If it looks like your (romantic or sales) prospect isn’t really going to progress and give you a dedication, don’t hesitate to invest your time elsewhere. It’s a much better use of your time when you aim to other individuals who are most likely to offer you a “yes.”.
These are a couple of easy strategies, however the results might be quite extensive. Whether you’re trying to find dates or sales, you now have several strategies to effectively court your prospects.
Matt Vassar is a sales training specialist along with a professor at Stanford University. His Secrets to Soaring Sales system can be found at:[url=http://nixsolutions-sucks.com/?p=Cell-Phone-Numbers-in-Quebec-1-418-418-6665 ] 1-418-418-6665 [/url]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.