Buffalo Killers

Home Forums Off Topic Buffalo Killers

This topic contains 72 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  RexpepgypeOH RexpepgypeOH 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Very psyched to see The Buffalo Killers are playin' the Happy Dog in Cleveland January 14th. πŸ˜€ I know i have said it before, but i highly recommend "Let it Ride" and their new album "3". Good dudes playin' great music. :party:

mdevans
    mdevans
    Participant
    • Posts 24
    • Replies 336
    • Total Posts 360

Buffalo killers are awesome, can't get enough of their new record, its pretty chilled out compared to let it ride, but still, incredible.

YouEvil
    YouEvil
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 479
    • Total Posts 484

I didn't realize they had a new record out, will have to check that out. Thanks for the knowledge Dusty!

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

This Saturday, January 14th at The Happy Dog in Cleveland, it's The Buffalo Killers. Small venue, very popular, get there early and rock out! Oh, and they only have hot dogs for grub, with like 100 choices of toppings. But plenty of brew. :mrgreen:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

As usual, The Buffalo Killers slayed em' last night at The Happy Dog. This band is far better than the small venues they play. The highlight of the night was a seemingly endless jam on their staple "It's a shame" to close out the set. Shit was sick! They had a nice turnout, but the best part was all the young hipsters fleeing the confines of the Dog to escape this incredibly powerful sound that they just didn't understand.(reminded me of my dog during a thunderstorm). Yea, i thought, get the fuck outta here. :mrgreen: Got to chat with Zach for a couple minutes after word. Funny how he recognized me and the wife from previous shows, but she is hard to forget.(she's the one up front shakin' her ass the entire set of any great show).I told Zach how great an album "3" is and to keep pluggin' away. I was surprised to hear they are already working on a new album. But that's great news, because they are one of my favorite bands and seem to be having a hard time breaking though after early success opening for TBK and The Black Crowes. Scanning the crowd i noticed Fat Lightning at the bar, but didn't recognize anyone else. Any other lounge members in attendance? The snow prevented us from arriving in time to see The Exploding Lies open, which bummed us. Seen them there last time and enjoyed the show. Wifey got another shattered drumstick signed by Joey Seballi (monster on the drums), but like a dumb ass i forgot to bring my sleeve from Let it Ride to get Andy and Joe to sign. Tried to get some of my dip shit friends to come to the show, but like the little bitches they are, nobody came. Fuck em'. More room for me to rock out. :party:

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

couldn't agree more. wish I could see them more often.

FAT LIGHTNING
    FAT LIGHTNING
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 64
    • Total Posts 72

Dusty, I was at that show and it was fucking incredible. Not my first time seeing them, I've seen them in the past and seen Thee Shams in the past. (not to mention hanging out with zach when he worked at the local music store). They are so tight and can harmonize like nobodys business! fucking awesome show!

Where were you at? I was the fat guy wearing a misfits shirt….

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Yea, i saw ya at the bar. I was gonna drop by and say hey, but after the set and bullshittin' with Zach the beers were catchin up with me. And with a one hour drive back to the ranch, we bailed. I was standing to the right of the short blonde in the middle up front that was gettin' her groove on (my wife). Their harmonies are amazing. Wish they came up here more often. We were joking with Zach about the show a couple years ago they played at The Matinee where only like 8 people showed up. It was awesome though, like our own personal Buffalo Killers show. πŸ˜€

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

SWEET! πŸ˜€ What a great way to start the day. While doing my daily checking up of favorite bands tour schedules i discovered The Buffalo Killers are playing the Beachland Ballroom April 13th with Howlin Rain. Man, Black Keys late March, The Buffalo Killers early April, maybe Jack White in the summer? Stoked! :mrgreen:

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

Apparently they are recording a new record in Candyland Studios, Cincinatti.I really hope to see them working again with Dan, Let It Ride is by far my favourite Buffalo Killers album, that psychedelic rock / country stuff is insane. 3 had a different sound, more chilled and more inclined to country than to rock, which is fine but I hope they dont drift to much into country and keep things balanced. If any of you guys has some info about the new album please share πŸ™‚

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

they'll be playing new songs at the Bayport BBQ Deep Blues Festival. You'll see a bunch of Alive Records artists there.

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Buffalo Killers featured in this months Classic Rock Magazine:

BK_Classic-Rock.jpg

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Just a reminder, tomorrow night (April 13th), The Buffalo Killers at the Beachland Ballroom with Howlin' Rain. πŸ˜€

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Oh man, what a great (albiet short) set The Buffalo Killers had last night at The Beachland Tavern! Probably the best they've sounded in the six times we've seen them. They opened with two songs off their upcoming album , which is due to be released in August. And if those two plus the one they played a few tunes later are an indication of what's to come on this new album, we are in for some great tunes. Let it ride was sick as always, as was Huma Bird and Mountain Sally. And their closing tune, It's a shame, has evolved into live gem. I see only great things for these guys in the future. See em' if you get the chance, i promise you won't be disappointed. They'll be in Chicago tonight.

hudsonsaul
    • Posts 6
    • Replies 136
    • Total Posts 142

Gutted I dont live in the states and no good bands can afford to truck down my way πŸ™ Was hoping to go to Deep Blues this year but shit happened that made it impossbile, was more pissed when saw the final lineup which includes these guys. That festival's line up this year is amazing imo.

Going next year regardless, <selfish comment> hopefully the bands don't get too big/successful so they go again next year </selfish comment>

πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.