Buffalo Killers

Home Forums Off Topic Buffalo Killers

This topic contains 72 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  RexpepgypeOH RexpepgypeOH 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Buffalo Killers tomorrow, February 2nd, at the Cleveland House of Blues. Can't wait! πŸ˜€

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Interesting show at The House of Blues by Buffalo Killers this past Saturday. First of all, i talked with Zach after the show and he said their new album is dropping on RSD. πŸ˜€ Cant' wait for that. Apparently the RSD release is only on vinyl,not sure when the cd will be released. As for the show, the HOB retained is spot on the top of my list of LEAST favorite places to see a show. The sound system there is so muddy. Zach's vocals were WAY to loud and the mixing engineer never adjusted accordingly. They weren't on the top of their game, but the sound issues were not their fault. Hopefully they will avoid playing there in the future so i can avoid that overpriced hell hole. On an interesting note ,Chuck Yarborough, a local fish hack had this to say about the show:

"Neil Young may want to consider a cease and desist order against this band from Cincinnati featuring brothers Andrew and Zachary Gabbard on vocals and guitar and bass, respectively, and drummer Joseph Sebaali. Self-indulgent guitar solos, piercing lead vocals, inconsistent harmonies and drum fills that added nothing to advance the song made their 30-minute set seem more suited to a basement jam than a concert hall."

What a dick. Here's his email and twitter handel if anyone else thinks so. 8)

cuarborough@plaind.com

twitter: mrteksun

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

According to The Buffalo Killers official page their new album, Ohio Grass will be released on 4-20 (go figure :satansmoking: ). Can't wait for this! Also, they will be playing The Grog Shop in Cleveland on April 12th. :mrgreen:

BK-OG-3b-5x5-300dpi-RGB-300x300.jpg

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Buffalo Killers. Tonight. Grog Shop. Cleveland. Awesome. :party:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Friday's show by The Buffalo Killers at the Grog Shop was by far one of their best in recent memory. The set list flowed nicely, the band was tight and the mixing board guy had the levels where they needed to be. My only complaint is that as the featured act they should have played a bit longer, but i'm always going to want them to play longer. The really interesting thing is that they brought along another fella to play rhythm guitar, which turned out great by the way. It gave them a much fuller sound when Andy would play the solo's. Not to mention the two guitar part of Hey Girl (ala Hotel California style, if you know what i mean) was awesome. Looking forward to RSD so i can snag Ohio Grass if my local shop has it. Can't wait to see these guys again. If the tix for Bunbury Festival in Cincinnati weren't so much for single day we'd drop by and see them on Friday July 12th before we head down to Louisville for Forecastle. Decisions, decisions… 8)

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

THIS is awesome. 8) Buffalo Killers sent out this tweet a couple days ago:

"Working on new tunes in the barn. Feels good"

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

VERY happy to see They will be playing The Happy Dog in Cleveland August 24th. πŸ˜€

mdevans
    mdevans
    Participant
    • Posts 24
    • Replies 336
    • Total Posts 360

Buffalo news:

"We've signed with Sun Pedal Recordings (Warner Music Group) and the new album is being mixed as we speak. We busted our chops last week alongside legendary producer Jim Wirt and tracked it on Michael Jackson's Neve ("Thriller" demos) console. If you are around, come celebrate with us Saturday in Cincinnati at Barrio Tequileria."

New album already! So excited! Two albums and an ep in a year basically!

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

These guy are on a roll. Consistently the best music album after album of any artist that i can think of. Bummed that i missed the last show in Cleveland but i was out of state on vacation at the time.(tried to make it back in time but came in about 3 hours late due to traffic and construction) Ohio Grass is great by the way if you don't have it. They recently made it available on cd. :party:

@mdevens- btw i'm extremely jealous of your collection. Where could one maybe get a downloadable version of that Blakroc Instrumental bonus disc? :roll:

mdevans
    mdevans
    Participant
    • Posts 24
    • Replies 336
    • Total Posts 360

Sucks living in England sometimes! So many bands I love that don't venture overseas. I'm extremely jealous of anyone who's seen buffalo killers live! Should be able to sort you a link, may take a day or so, as I only have phone Internet most of the time. I'll pm you a link when it's ready bud.

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

That's awesome man! Much appreciated! :mrgreen:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Dig on this: Buffalo Killers Daytrotter Sessions. 8)

LINK

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Buffalo Killers tweeted yesterday that they recorded yet another album last week in addition to the album they recorded a few months ago. So yes, they will be releasing TWO albums in 2014! Buffalo Killers are freakin' amazing. :party: I seem to remember another band saying they would possible do that (but obviously not) Oh, and for those keeping score at home that's FOUR albums recorded by the Buffalo Killers since the Black Keys released El Camino. πŸ˜•

cjohnson22463
    cjohnson22463
    • Posts 14
    • Replies 226
    • Total Posts 240

top guitar licks 2013

buffalo killers – grow your own #14

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Love me some Ohio Grass. :satansmoking: Speaking of which, Santa brought yours truly a present, a new turntable. πŸ˜€

BcWgeE1CEAA9C_H.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.