Dan producing Hanni El Khatib's next album

Home Forums Articles & Interviews Dan producing Hanni El Khatib's next album

This topic contains 67 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  enrochuncHT enrochuncHT 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

i recall thinking to myself, that he sounded like The White Stripes and The Black Keys but also that there was quite a bit of John Spencers Blues Explosion thrown in there too. Specially the heavy Rockabilly sound!!

and that Fuck It You Win song, is just *speechless* John Spencer is evident on that for sure, his voice anyway

alioneatingpoet
    alioneatingpoet
    • Posts 0
    • Replies 23
    • Total Posts 23

This guys pretty good. More brute force and style than soul and skill though. My friend's band is opening for him in Bloomington, Indiana perty soon.

Ronislove
    Ronislove
    • Posts 0
    • Replies 5
    • Total Posts 5

I like Hanni El Khatib and i think his music is different! i really enjoy it! I can't wait to what dan and him come out with!

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

O.K! ya know what!? Fuck It You Win has fucking won, in my books. Had it on repeat all day…..once it finishes i hit play again

I wanna learn the riff and and start a band, just to play it in front of a crowd and just go nuts with it(even though i suck at guitar *but try very hard!*)…it's friggin awesome

DeepNDirtyBlues
    DeepNDirtyBlues
    • Posts 23
    • Replies 1235
    • Total Posts 1258

Kieran – LOL! I agree it's one of the best on Will The Guns Come Out. Been listening to the whole record and while it has some flaws, it's pretty fucking good. Fuck It, You Win is my favorite and then You Rascal You. There's definitely more here that I like than what I don't like. Can't wait to see what Dan and Hanni El Khatib come up with together. *starts to drool*

mac
    mac
    • Posts 18
    • Replies 261
    • Total Posts 279

just caught Hanni last night at The Grog Shop in Cleveland. Great show!! Great energy, too bad the crowd was small but still stellar show. His live version of You Rascal You was a tour de force and I think it was Fuck It,You Win that he introduced as "feedback in the key of D". He said he is going into studio with Dan in June…can't wait.

Openers were Thaddeus Anna Greene (Clev), Hive Robbers (Kent), Sundelles (NY)..all very good too and i am going to put some links in Off Topic if interested.

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

mac – 7 minutes ago  » 

He said he is going into studio with Dan in June…can't wait.

So soon. Thats pretty cool, and so near the time of recording The Black Keys new album aswell *Begins to imagine and speculate what it'll be like and drools a little*

..who knows the sessions with Hanni might still be in Dans mind when going into the studio 😛 or Hanni might even feature on the album 8) or or…*gets over excited at the possibilities*

mac
    mac
    • Posts 18
    • Replies 261
    • Total Posts 279

almost forgot, he said Patrick Keeler (Greenhornes, etc. – good friend of Dan's) is playing drums on album.

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

just gets better…

jillyrose23
    jillyrose23
    • Posts 16
    • Replies 150
    • Total Posts 166

mac – 10 minutes ago  » 

almost forgot, he said Patrick Keeler (Greenhornes, etc. – good friend of Dan's) is playing drums on album.

That is SO AWESOME. I caught him in Cincinnati on Friday and there wasn't much of a crowd (even for a free show) which was disappointing, but I still had a great time. I can't wait to hear what these two come up with.

Loht773
    Loht773
    • Posts 20
    • Replies 301
    • Total Posts 321

He said he is going into studio with Dan in June….

June?! Then when are The Black Keys going to record their new album? Supposedly they had booked studio time in June, may be we will have to wait some more for the new album to come out. Which isn't necesarily a bad thing considering all the influences Dan has being taking in and the fact that there is a two year gap between Attack & Release and Brothers, two great albums.

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

Tour Dates on TheBlackKeys.com stop on the 19th May – and start again on 20th July.

Thats about an 8-9 week gap. Bout a couple of months, should be more than enough time considering Dans work ethics 😉 ya never know

mac
    mac
    • Posts 18
    • Replies 261
    • Total Posts 279

i thought i remembered pat saying in an interview somewhere that they had time booked in July…

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

FUCK ME! A day late and a dollar shot, as usual. I remember seeing this thread recently, not knowing who he was. So Mrs. Reeds says to me "hey who sings that song on the new Captain Morgan commercial." So, i look it up and ta-dah!, Hanni El Khatib. And in typical fashion he was just here less than two months ago. 😡 So, let's see, that's Black Joe Lewis and Hanni El Khatib that i've missed by two months or less since March. Keep the suggestions coming people, i can't keep missing these great artists!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jrl9GoGHO0

Kieran-lee
    Kieran-lee
    Participant
    • Posts 36
    • Replies 720
    • Total Posts 756

So anybody know anything? Have they been working or are they still to enter the studio?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.