Forecastle Festival

Home Forums Tours Forecastle Festival

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by tonydrakeovich tonydrakeovich 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tonydrakeovich
    tonydrakeovich
    Participant
    • Posts 12
    • Replies 28
    • Total Posts 40

BEhy5O7CYAITs9k.jpg Already going to see them in Nashville May 10th, just announced today that they're coming to my hometown in July. Gonna see them twice this year, go ahead be jealous. :party:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Not a bad lineup for Forecastle this year. More exited to see Alabama Shakes than anything else. Old Crow Medicine Show should be good too. Shovels and rope are nice. Saw them open for Jack White back in October. Also will check out Bombino. And, ok, i guess i'll check out those Black Keys guys too. :roll:

jillyrose23
    jillyrose23
    • Posts 16
    • Replies 150
    • Total Posts 166

A few artists were added to the lineup today including Robert Plant and the sensational space shifters. 😯

jillyrose23
    jillyrose23
    • Posts 16
    • Replies 150
    • Total Posts 166

So excited I posted it twice…

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Didn't get weekend tix. Waiting for single day tix to go on sale. According to Alabama Shakes tour schedule they'll be playing on the 13th. And i'll admit i have mixed feelings about Robert Plant being added to the bill.

tonydrakeovich
    tonydrakeovich
    Participant
    • Posts 12
    • Replies 28
    • Total Posts 40

Based on years past, there will probably be more artists added. And for the record I'm really excited about Robert Plant.

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Single day tix go on sale today. Sweet. :mrgreen:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Alrighty then. Got tickets for the Saturday and Sunday shows. Psyched to be headed back to the 'Ville! Had such a great time there back in 2009. Black Keys, Alabama Shakes, Robert Plant, Shovels and Rope and Bombino all in two days. STOKED! :party:

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Ok, who's goin'?

tonydrakeovich
    tonydrakeovich
    Participant
    • Posts 12
    • Replies 28
    • Total Posts 40

3 day pass for me. I live about 10 min from the Waterfront.

jillyrose23
    jillyrose23
    • Posts 16
    • Replies 150
    • Total Posts 166

I'll be there too. I noticed that TBK have a two-hour timeslot. Wonder if they'll actually fill all of it or just do the usual one and a half hours…

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Two hours would be a stretch for them. Wouldn't it be awesome if they just came out and played one of the albums straight through? Dan could be like "Hey we're the Black Keys and this is Magic Potion". Then they play it in it's entirety. 😯 I know, i'm dreamin'.

Anyway, wish i'd bought the entire weekend packages but opted for the Sat and Sun only. Sucks that only the weekend packages allow you to leave an re-enter the Festival Site.

@tonydrakovich– After party at your place then!?! πŸ˜›

tonydrakeovich
    tonydrakeovich
    Participant
    • Posts 12
    • Replies 28
    • Total Posts 40

Since my GF is pissed about me going all three days, I might not even be going back to my place…

tonydrakeovich
    tonydrakeovich
    Participant
    • Posts 12
    • Replies 28
    • Total Posts 40

1074698_10201122639724565_1413081130_o.jpg

5 rows from the stage. They had to shorten the set just a bit (looking at the previous setlists, they actually just cut Everlasting Light, but worked the other encore songs into the regular set) due to a ridiculous rain delay earlier in the day but overall a great performance.

dusty reeds
    dusty reeds
    • Posts 70
    • Replies 1072
    • Total Posts 1142

Another great year at The Forecastle. We had actually just gotten into town Saturday when @forecastle tweeted that the shows were on hold and they evacuated everyone due to some nasty storms that were threatening the area. So there was quite the backlog of people trying to re-enter the festival site when we arrived. Anyway, the bands:

The Alabama Shakes were fantastic. Although it needed to be quite louder to drown out the dude-bitches that feel the need to talk through the entire performance. What's the deal with that? Can't people just shut the fuck up?

Matt & Kim, from Brooklyn i believe, brought incredible energy to their show. Though i didn't know any of the material i dug their performance quite a bit. Good show.

Grace Potter. Hmm, where do i start. She has no doubt honed her live shows since i last saw her in 2008 opening for The Black Crowes. Not a big fan of her catalog, but her overall hotness was enough to garner attention through out her set. And really, is there anything sexier than a hot chick playing slide guitar in a bath robe on a hot summer day? No, there is not. Quite the performer and i'd love to see her again.

Robert Plant. I last saw him in 1995 (i think) with Jimmy Page. Didn't know what to expect after 18 years. Aged? Yes. Still got it? Pretty much. He opened with Babe i'm going to leave you and it was sweet. He can't really hit the high notes anymore, but he doesn't over reach and it works just fine. Going to California was very nice. He closed out with What is and what should never be on a shortened set list as some nasty storms moved in (for real this time) and drenched the crowd. Good show, albeit shortened.

Bambino. Missed it, and completely bummed about that. πŸ™ Though i hear it was really good. Maybe next time.

Disclaimer: The following is all my personal opinion. It is not gospel, or law or anything else. So if you don't agree , whatever. Write your own review.

And finally, The Black Keys. Again, where do i start. First off, they best not ever piss on Sinister Kid that way again! It was completely rushed and unrecognizable. Why play a song with such a half assed effort? Just leave it out. Incredibly disappointed by that. Anyway, the old tunes , Same old thing, Girl is on my mind, Strange times, Thickfreakness and Your touch were as good as ever. They looked like they were having fun and it sounded great. The crowd, however, could have cared less for those tunes. I scanned the crowd front and back side to side every song and it was obvious that's not what they wanted to hear. They came for the new shit and that's what they got for the most part. They loved it. And i'm here to tell all of you right now that after seeing what i saw there is no way we are ever going to hear anything with substance like we did prior to El Camino. Hell, a lot of them didn't even know Ten Cent Pistol and the other Brothers tunes. I held out slight hope for the return to quality music by the boys. But the cash cow is just too hard to resist. I've said it before, i can't blame them. I've never had that kind of money. So more power to em'. They just don't look happy playing those tunes. But it pays the bills, so , whatever.

Anyway, we had a great time nonetheless. If you ever have the chance to go i highly recommend it. Peace. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.