Where have you heard TBK (tv, movies, ads, etc.)

Home Forums General Discussion Where have you heard TBK (tv, movies, ads, etc.)

This topic contains 292 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  BrorimocaAJ BrorimocaAJ 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 293 total)
  • Author
    mac
    mac
    • Posts 18
    • Replies 261
    • Total Posts 279

Thought I would start a new thread to collect places we have heard the Keys in everyday life, outside normal music channels. There used to be a post like this on the old board and if there is one here I have not seen it.

I think kepnerb or someone mentioned an ABC promo a few days ago and I think I saw it last night…It was Howlin' For You playing behind a promo for new ABC show "The Gates". Some sort of vampire/werewolf? themed Desperate Housewives looking thing in a neighborhood called The Gates. From the start it had the "Da Da Da Da" part and then near the end hit the "Baby, I'm Howling For You"…seemed like a good fit. Could even be the theme music??

I really think it's cool that their music has been used so often for movies, tv, ads and it normally seems to fit very well. Obviously the sound is something that must fit in, but also the lyrics are often fitting to where they have been used. And I can't think of another group that I have heard used as diversely across many genres?? Or maybe I just hear it because I'm a fan andit sticks out more. Anyone else??

busterdouglas
    busterdouglas
    • Posts 39
    • Replies 351
    • Total Posts 390

Tighten Up is featured in a new Molson M beer commercial.

I believe this commercial/product only exist in Canada, but not sure.

I am Incinerator
    • Posts 6
    • Replies 543
    • Total Posts 549

I saw that promo for that show with Howlin' For You

It was either Strange Times or I Got Mine in an episode of the Vampire Diaries…yeah my g/f watches that fluff

I've heard I'll Be Your Man on the opening credits for that show Hung on HBO. It was a pretty cool show

nort_binkerson
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 133
    • Total Posts 138

I walked into Best Buy and If You Ever Slip was on the store's radio. Shortly thereafter I found a banana peel in the parking lot near my car. Weirdest and rarest TBK song encounter.

brucini
    brucini
    Keymaster
    • Posts 179
    • Replies 751
    • Total Posts 930

molson beer ad with the black keys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZDLc_qmNW4

hyphensprint
    hyphensprint
    • Posts 17
    • Replies 377
    • Total Posts 394

That made me like that song a whole lot more… and maybe even drink a beer.

derekirving
    derekirving
    • Posts 1
    • Replies 96
    • Total Posts 97

I have two songs I wrote from my band The Aces in this low budget horror movie called "The Violent Kind". When I saw the score sheet they had The Black Keys "Just Got To Be" on it, but I have not seen the movie to know if TBK song is in there. It when to Sundance and SXSW, writers are the Butcher Brothers and some guys from the new Halloween movies. Sometimes directors will use music as place holders.

busterdouglas
    busterdouglas
    • Posts 39
    • Replies 351
    • Total Posts 390

When Kenny Powers is struttin his stuff down the grade school hallway to "Tour Touch" in the first episode of Eastbound and Down… damn that brings a smile to my face. The only superior musical sequence in history occurs about 4 minutes later in the episode when he's jetskiing with a topless ho to the tune of "Black Betty".

Ten Cent Pistol
    Ten Cent Pistol
    • Posts 0
    • Replies 12
    • Total Posts 12

They used Psychotic Girl in an episode of Ghost Whisperer once.

http://showhype.com/video/jennifer-love-hewitt-ghost-whisperer-pole-dancing/

😈

raunchy
    raunchy
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 235
    • Total Posts 243

set you free in school of rock — which coincidentally turned me onto TBK. One of my fav rock movies, I bought the soundtrack and there you go. I was always a big fan of classic rock, but I hadn't heard of these guys and then the song plays, and I was like "WTF! These guys are awesome, totally in my vein, and I've never heard of them".

hyphensprint
    hyphensprint
    • Posts 17
    • Replies 377
    • Total Posts 394

Set You Free = Also in "I Love You Man".

raunchy
    raunchy
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 235
    • Total Posts 243

Man they got around. Well, my friend who LOVES One Tree Hill (GAHH!!) informs me that he heard a black keys song and i guess he's getting into them now. It was So He Won't Break. Yeah I know theres a couple others on there. Don't remind me (!) 😛

marshmeli
    • Posts 9
    • Replies 287
    • Total Posts 296

busterdouglas – 1 day ago  » 

When Kenny Powers is struttin his stuff down the grade school hallway to "Tour Touch" in the first episode of Eastbound and Down… damn that brings a smile to my face. The only superior musical sequence in history occurs about 4 minutes later in the episode when he's jetskiing with a topless ho to the tune of "Black Betty".

Eastbound has great music… Jody Hill makes good choices for music, even in Observe and Report.

TBK where also in the end of Zombieland

Japas
    Japas
    • Posts 9
    • Replies 97
    • Total Posts 106

Last night I was in the kitchen cooking when my wife screemed at the top of her lungs " Honey !! The Black Keys!!!" So I came out running and saw a commercial for the season premiere of The Gates. The song being played with the commercial was "Howlin' For You". The show is about vampires? and werewolves? wtf! First Twilight and now The Gates? Hahaha, what's with vampires and The Black Keys? I guess both of them are very popular these days …

I'm posting the link where you can see several commercials for the show. The third and fourth commercial have TBK's track I mentioned

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-gates

Beard Rock
    Beard Rock
    • Posts 7
    • Replies 112
    • Total Posts 119

"I Got Mine" @ Blackhawks game last night

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.