Where have you heard TBK (tv, movies, ads, etc.)

Home Forums General Discussion Where have you heard TBK (tv, movies, ads, etc.)

This topic contains 292 replies, has 72 voices, and was last updated by  BrorimocaAJ BrorimocaAJ 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 293 total)
  • Author

wonpunch
    Participant
    • Posts 1
    • Replies 10
    • Total Posts 11

If I remember right, The Breaks was playing in One-two's Land Rover when Handsome Bob broke the news to him about his alternative lifestyle choice in Rocknrolla.

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Participant
    • Posts 41
    • Replies 1675
    • Total Posts 1716

ah wonpunch you beat me to it, your right it is πŸ˜›

its also in the first episode of Sons of Anarchy… tbh Eastbound and Down, Sons of Anarchy and Hung all had me hooked just through their decent choice of music…. maybe i should give twilight a go again now i don't have a girl n can act like a wet mop πŸ˜› hehehe!

GrownSoFugly
    • Posts 11
    • Replies 503
    • Total Posts 514

There was a song in the opening credits of an old Entourage episode.. can't remember which song but I do remember it being perfect, like most of the other times TBK are used in TV. That Howlin For You commercial for the vampire show was really starting to annoy me during LOST last week though.

hahaha, Hokes quietly weeping at Twilight all by his onesy. Be careful, there'll be lots of heartbroken ladies of questionable legality on the prowl..

Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Chris "Hokes" Dorgan
    Participant
    • Posts 41
    • Replies 1675
    • Total Posts 1716

LOL me weeping on my own wearing a onesy will be enough to put them off don't worry, i will hopefully avoid jail πŸ˜› although a few of my friends think that sounds like the perfect night out ha!

stowe252000
    • Posts 1
    • Replies 15
    • Total Posts 16

Busted plays on a commercial for some poker site or some ESPN poker show. Again very fitting.

bajajeff
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 40
    • Total Posts 45

Currently watching the NBA Finals and earlier during the first half there was a Desperate Housewives commercial with a drum beat in the beginning very similar to Howlin' For You. I though that maybe it was the "Yeah" song. But sure enough it was Howlin' For You. Strange. I think it was Desperate Housewives but I could be wrong. Either way it was some sitcom or whatever for ABC.

bajajeff
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 40
    • Total Posts 45

Correction, song was in a commercial for the series premiere of The Gates. Way off.

kepnerb
    kepnerb
    • Posts 21
    • Replies 396
    • Total Posts 417

I have been getting REALLY into Dr. Dog lately! Just a great band with great songs. Two vocals that are fantastic in their own way

carp
    carp
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 100
    • Total Posts 108

I heard Keep It Hid in last weeks episode of Friday Night Lights. the mom was driving her car and everyone on the talk radio station was calling in about her and how she ruined the football teams chances this year.

bajajeff
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 40
    • Total Posts 45

Twice in one day. On the Science channel, Psychotic Girl plays at the end just before credits on Seeing Black Holes. Definitely fitting for that eerie feeling of outer space.

mac
    mac
    • Posts 18
    • Replies 261
    • Total Posts 279

all cool stuff I think…and I guess we can conclude that Howlin' for You IS playing OFTEN for the new ABC show The Gates.

Clearly the Keys are efverywhere…

Part of my curiosity to start this post was WHY or HOW these connections come about…writers, producers, directors just think the music fits the tone for a movie/show and seek out approval to use it? Or is any of it part of ongoing promo or new promo for the band to "encourage" uses whenever it may fit. Kind of a new viral or placement of tunes to get more audience/fans/exposure?

Discuss…

Broedy
    • Posts 4
    • Replies 121
    • Total Posts 125

My 2 cents…for the most part, Keys songs have a central riff or chord progression that is often pretty catchy and can stand on it's own for a short spot (in my opinion, of course). Which, in turn, seems to make them ideal for short promos. I think that's the reason we've been hearing them for some time now (I remember hearing them on various commercials even after Rubber Factory came out).

Broedy
    • Posts 4
    • Replies 121
    • Total Posts 125

And I just realized I didn't address the question about the songs being used as a promo for the record. I would have to think that the commercial producers would be the ones to pick the music, but I have no idea, so maybe WB is pushing that aspect?

raunchy
    raunchy
    • Posts 8
    • Replies 235
    • Total Posts 243

Just heard "What You Do to Me" from BlakRoc playing in a TV commercial for the 2010 muchmusic video awards with miley cyrus hosting… wtf??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_522M9l_Rc

YouEvil
    YouEvil
    • Posts 5
    • Replies 479
    • Total Posts 484

That combo is just weird…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 293 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.